Sunday, June 29, 2014

The teacher (Ahsan Khan)

                                                          I'm Ahsan khan.


Auxiliary verbs are also known as 'helping verbs'.

The three most common auxiliary verbs are:

be, do and haveI am having meal.
Here "am" is an auxiliary.

She has come to my house.
Here "has" is an auxiliary.

Do you play cricket?
Here "Do" is an auxiliary.

Be = am / is / are

Be can be used as an auxiliary verb or the main verb in a sentence.
Is tells us that an action is happening now or is going to happen in the future.
Be is also used to make passives.
Are is used for they and we.
Was is used for the past tense of am and is.
Were is used for the past tense of you, we and they.

There are other auxiliary verbs as well.can, could, may, might, must, ought, should, and would.
Jack is late. He might be sleeping. (possibility)
I should clean my room today. (obligation)
I must wear a tie to school. (necessity)


No comments:

Post a Comment